The Board of World Mission is excited to announce we are seeking to hire a new Director of Mission Engagement! This is a full time staff position, with a focus on engaging others in the collaborative mission work of the Moravian Church in North America.
You can read more about the position below, or download a copy of the description to print out.
Applications are due by Friday, April 13, 2018. A complete application will include a copy of a resume, cover letter, and three references with contact information. Please email these documents to Executive Director Justin Rabbach (email@example.com) by the deadline. Questions regarding the position or application process are welcome.
The Director of Mission Engagement (DME) is the lead staff member for efforts to engage constituent members, congregations and communities in the ongoing work of the BWM. The DME is responsible for building relationships, creating resources and initiating opportunities to empower individuals to take part in mission both locally and globally. This position also coordinates mission support efforts and maintains up-to-date and regular communication with our constituents.
The work of the Director of Mission Engagement falls into three categories:
- Facilitate mission education and mission discernment within our constituent congregations;
- Develop/ coordinate mission education materials consistent with board values;
- Deepen understanding of the work and role of the BWM within the context of the Moravian Unity;
- Initiate opportunities and accept invitations to teach, preach and pray about mission work;
- Engage in congregational visits and other direct constituent contact (conferences, synods, camps)
- Initiate BWM sponsored mission team opportunities, and sequenced opportunities for ongoing growth and training in mission service;
- Develop and maintain mission team training resources, devotionals and “how to” materials;
- Manage volunteer contacts and ongoing partner or disaster response service opportunities
- Mission Support
- Assist in development and implementation of strategic plan for marketing and communication
- Develop mission support efforts to focus fundraising appeals and communication;
- Increase number of touch points for constituents by coordinating website content, social media, on-line donation campaigns and interactive possibilities for our constituents;
- Promote consistent and effective communication with constituents, board, and staff
- Dedication to serving our Lord and a sense of call to mission;
- Good skills in writing and communication, computer use and social media;
- Organizational skills and the ability to develop and implement a strategic plan;
- Cross-cultural experience (Ability in a second language other than English is desired);
- The ability to value and affirm diversity;
- Good self-initiative;
- Effective inter-personal skills and the ability to work well in a team environment;
- The ability to travel frequently;
- The minimum of a bachelor’s degree.