Where are you now?
- How does your congregation or group understand its part in God’s mission to the world?
- How would your congregation or group define “missions?”
- What are some things you are doing as a congregation or group to fulfill God’s mission?
- What special gifts has God given your congregation or group to fulfill God’s mission?
- What obstacles face your congregation or group that can hinder the fulfillment of God’s mission?
- reaching the world with the light of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- feeding the hungry and healing the sick.
- doing what Jesus would do and being what Jesus would be.
- a people-to-people sharing of the servant nature of the church.
- making disciples of all peoples.
- people everywhere reaching people everywhere.
- our faithful response to the Great Commission.
Use these various definitions to get people thinking and talking about their own group definition of “mission.” Do they identify with any of these? Why, or why not? These can be used to break people into groups, etc.